Monday, December 13, 2021

Titanomachina on Tabletop Simulator: More Road Tiles

As part of the big update I released on Friday night, December 10, 2021, I updated the road tiles and added two new road parts. The tiles themselves went from double-sided with weathered concrete on one side and asphalt on the other to doubled-sided with asphalt on both sides. I'm thinking of ways that the board can be ditched entirely in favour of tiles, although anyone playing Carcassonne will recognize the difficulties of laying down tiles and then attempting to play over them. The relation of components and usability to rules is a pretty interesting one, and I should probably read more about it and see how it's been done. 

Nonetheless, the concept now is that players have access to two stacks of tiles shared between players, enabling them to map out roads on the board. I've added the requirement, to the rule book, that tiles need to line up with other tiles or the edge of the board, meaning that the roads need to make sense when they're set-up or detected. I think it helps that of these two stacks of tiles, one is straight roads on one side and a four-way roundabout on the other side. In theory this is the only stack that would be needed to cover the board in roads. But I added another stack with an L-bend on one side, and a T-junction on the other, as I like how they look, and I'm pleased I was even able to make them. The company I like to use for prototyping produces these tiles in stacks of 48, or as many will fit into increments of 48, and two such stacks will cover an entire 9x9 with some to spare (or, you know, accidentally lose).

Of course, I'm hoping this encourages players to think about the game's modularity feature by which Titans, buildings, and even roads can be swapped in and out and switched around for novel situations and battles.  

 





No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your feedback!