Friday, May 28, 2021

Expanding the Personality Cards

I've come to the conclusion that adding the Personality cards to the Titan decks may be the right call. I reserve the right to abandon this development, but right now it's my darling. 

The notion behind the Personality cards are that I had four cards left over from a 54 card pack. Space I could add content without cost. Originally I filled it by weighting of scoring, encouraging certain behaviour by the players by the possession of the card. Balancing it, however, was beyond me and perhaps even a bad idea. So I shelved it. Later, I noticed that if I replaced the roll-off for initiative (originally bought through Human Resource pts) with cards, I could eliminate rolling dice from the game. 

Now, since the cards exist and economically would use the same backs as the others, why not put them into the decks after setting initiative by them? I've implemented this in the rule book. They can be used passively as a free 'charge' for Titans. But what if they could also be activated? Where they would already set Titan initiative scores, that made it easier to balance scheme of 'free' actions. Here is what I'm thinking.

1. Pugnacious Capacitor Effect 1 
2. Gracious Operate Effect 1
3. Sagacious Scan Effect 1
4. Rapacious Detect Effect 1
5. Vivacious Walk Effect 1
6. Audacious Raise Shields Effect 1

As you can see, I've been meaning to put initiative 5 & 6 cards in the game. They can be packed with the upgrade card packs, expanding player games with additional systems where a 54-card deck would have 30 Titan system cards, 8 Crew cards, 12 Weapon system cards, 2 Dashboard cards, and 2 Personality Cards for two Titans (Yellow & Pink, Green & Blue).

With 32 additional Titan systems (various types of alternate arms, legs, capacitors, jump jets, turrets, and such) there would be space for 5 & 6 Personalities, and still more space for 8 more crew members, 4 spare dashboard cards, and perhaps a couple of new systems such as a configuration cog, auto-repair, and more extra armour paneling. 

An upshot would be expanding the game to six players, enabling free-for-all of 6-vs-6, or even team matches. In the meantime I'm going to see about play-testing this. Once I'm satisfied, I'll implement it on TTS. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your feedback!