Monday, November 8, 2021

Titanomachina: Improvements to Make (Nov, 2021)

It's November 8th, 2021, and I'm still working away on Titanomachina. So far I have a list of things that I would either like to try and improve, or things that simply need to be changed. Some thing need to be changed, but I don't (yet) know how without radically changing the game, and I'm pretty happy with the core game loop at the moment.

1. Updating the Hard Rounds icon. Sounds odd, I know, but the current icon is not all that intuitive. I think the arrow is too small, and the bullet-shape doesn't reflect the iconography as I have developed it (round is internal to the Titan, square is on the board, rounded square changes the relation of the Titan to the board, hexagon is to do with the cards, etc). Given that the affected Titan is (a) on the board, and (b) it is moved in a direction as a result of the push, I figured the following would be a good change:

Current
Proposed

2. Additionally I would like to have Titans be pushed in more than one direction (i.e. not just away from the attacking Titan), allowing for things like slapping Titans sideways into buildings, or pulling them closer. In combination the current Claw set-up is something of a compromise, as the Shield Breaker trait doesn't really give players a reason to prefer it over the Plasm Shotgun or the Plasma Howitzer. Where the Shock trait represents, to some extent, the Claw's grabbiness, one feels that grabbing someone with the claw should enable some spectacular violence lacking from the Shotgun or Howitzer's boom. Hitting the corner targets of a Titan will still slew it around, but the central target will see the target pushed sideways instead of away. At Effect 3 and the ability to push the Claw is a live option beside the other two Shock weapons. Possibly a good idea at Effect 2 and Charge 2. Something to consider. 

Current
Proposed


No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your feedback!